Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 163

Thread: AREA SCORES

  1. #111
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wave10s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any word on why Nick Robinson didn't play? </div></div>

    Ankle sprain. He could have played. It was best for him and Derick to sit and wait till next week. They didn't need them tonight.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #112
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    How would you describe coeburn's team this year? Are they improved any or was it hard to tell against the wave?

  3. #113
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: AREA SCORES

    Their offense should be successful in district play, but they are going to have to outscore teams because their D is atrocious.

  4. #114
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    Yeah but clintwood can hang 48 on a lot of people. could it have been worse tonight?

  5. #115
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: AREA SCORES

    Yeah, they could have left the starters in and scored 80.

    By watching them tonight I believe Clintwood's best asset throughout this season is going to be there deep stable of RB's.

  6. #116
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stoney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah but clintwood can hang 48 on a lot of people. could it have been worse tonight? </div></div>

    Very much so. Coeburn seemed to play hard though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #117
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is GC that damn good or is Richlands that damn bad? </div></div>

    Richlands is just that damned bad. They are way down this year. Even their defense was laughably bad.

    Gate City looked about as "meh" as they come. Tihlee carried the entire team on his shoulders when it came to offense. Defense did great when it came to the pressure and picks, but when you have a QB who constantly throws into coverage, that's not so surprising.

    I didn't see much from either team that impressed me. It was almost like watching a scrimmage - I didn't sense much energy from either side. I really wish I would have gone to the PV/Lee game instead.
    Officially retired

  8. #118
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    Tihlee carried the team? What were you drinking?
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  9. #119
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    He had lots of long runs and threw some great passes as well that really moved them ahead. It seems like he'd always get past the Defense somehow, even when it looked like he was hopeless or in a bad situation.

    I think he was the big playmaker on Offense. Was there something I missed? I have the footage that I will upload here soon, and I captured most if not all of his big plays as well as just about every touchdown Gate City scored.
    Officially retired

  10. #120
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AREA SCORES

    Dustin Jones was running wild on Richlands. Vaughn and #6(forgot the kids name) also played great. Ked Byrd kicked a school record 47 yard field goal that would've been good from 57. The defense had 3 INT's and disrupted Richlands' offense all night. Maybe I'm biased, well of course I am, but everybody contributed tonight. Tihlee played great, but he also made some mistakes. He had one of the best runs tonight I've seen in high school. I just don't believe that comment that Richlands is "that damn bad". I think GC deserves a little more credit than that. Richlands will be just fine, I assure you.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •